Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I get it now

Growing up I was teased and treated like garbage. I wasn't at the bottom of the totem pole but I was pretty close. I can remember going home and crying to my parent's about what the jerk off kids would say to me. The friends I did have were your typical elementary school kids. They were my friends, we would fight, they would say stupid stuff and gang up on me or whoever the target for the moment was. My parents would always tell me "Lainy, if you make it out of this world with one good friend you are truly blessed".

Now that I am 24 I can honestly say I finally get it. I have had so many friends over the years and despite some rough endings I am happy that I got to have each and every one of them in my life. Dealing with all of those people good or bad, has showed me what I truly want in a friend.

When I was in high school I met Kc. She and I would drive around for hours on end just talking and enjoying each other's company. Eventually we took different paths and lost touch with one another. A year ago she and I re-connected and I'm so happy we did. We have a unique connection that I don't think many people find in a friend. We compliment one another and she really brings out the best in me. I can depend on her no matter what. I can trust her with my deepest secrets and know that even if she disagrees with the things I have done she stands by me as a friend and tries to guide me in the right direction. I finally feel like I have a good influence in my life, someone I can be myself with and not worry about being judged or looked down on. It's kind of funny but she is the first person I talk to almost every morning and usually one of the last people I talk to at the end of the day. It doesn't matter if we are shopping or just bumming around our houses with our kids we have a ton of fun.

Kc you are an AMAZING woman. I'm so happy that I have the ability to call you my best friend. You are an amazing mother and wife and I strive to be just like you. It's kind of funny to look up to someone younger than me but I do. Your strength and dedication to all that you do leaves me speechless. If everyone had your drive and ambition this world would be a far better place. You know my biggest fear, God forbid the time should come I want you to know that I love you to pieces! Thank you so much for standing by me and helping me to become a better person. I can't wait to take our mommy trip and get to gab for hours! 24 hours of chatting it up sounds like a great escape!

No comments: