Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Update on me

So it is now July. My oh my how time does fly. There has been a lot of progress in our home over the past couple of months. I guess I'll start with myself.

I have always had an issue with having my days and nights mixed up. I am now waking up between 6am and 8am daily. My best friend makes this a lot easier because she calls me everyday to ensure I'm awake. I am amazed at what I am capable of accomplishing when I get up early. My house is cleaner, my mind is clearer, and my family as a whole is benefiting from the change. I have been working hard making home made healthy meals for our family and cutting out the already limited fast food from our diets. I am also increasing the veggies and fruits in my daughter's diets. I want them to grow up knowing what a real meal is and knowing that real meals are not purchased through a drive through or made from a box. I want them to grow up not having to worry about their weight all the time. I want to give my kids the chance at a healthy lifestyle so that when they are older it's second nature. I feel like I have done a good job thus far. My kids are at healthy weights and they are really good eaters.

Shaunn is working very hard lately. He has taken on a second store so we are doing well for now. I am so thankful for him and all he does for our family. He made a friend finally! His friends name is Kemo and he is an islander from somewhere around Guam. His wife works for Arrowhead Health and is very nice. I'm so happy that my husband has someone to pal around with and do "man stuff" with. I also have managed to focus on one particular friendship. Kc and I have become best friends and while our time together rocks I fear my waistline will ultimately suffer some radical consequences. Her and I plan to take a trip over night out of town soon as my birthday gift to her. We are also working on reducing costs in our homes and she is also increasing the healthy foods in her home. We have decided to start making our own laundry soap and have even tossed around the idea of dish soap. She and I implemented a once a month movie night where we go to the movies and get away for a few hours and I think it's fair to say we both enjoy that!

Now onto my girls. Brey has really impressed us the last week or so. She is saying quite a few more words. She has learned "trash", "stop", "cow", "dog", "kitty", "mooo", "woof", "meow", "shhh", "uh huh", "are you ok" and that's all I can think of right now. That alone is 11 words, sounds, and one 3 word sentence! We are VERY proud of her. She is following simple commands when she feels like it and has developed quite the little attitude. She likes to hold her finger up to her mouth when she is being scolded and tell her father and I "shhhh". She also likes to scream "stop" at us when she is being scolded, Shaunn and I are having a hard time dealing with those two.

Natilee is a silly little girl. She is smart as a whip. She will listen to almost anything I ask of her including "go night night". She has learned how to say "no" and shake her head yes and no. She has become a picky eater as of late and I'm not sure where this is coming from. She is not a big fan of meat and if she doesn't think it looks good she wont try it. I am now to the point where if she wont willingly try it I pry her mouth open and MAKE her try it. Most of the time this works and she realizes she does like it but other times when she is being stubborn she will spit it out and yell at me.

I am working on moving the girls into their own bedrooms both for alone time and for the sake of their sleeping patterns. Nati moves a lot and Brey doesn't. Natilee is somewhat of an early riser and Brey is not.

Oh and home improvements! We have decided on a beautiful shade of green for our kitchen. We will do one wall in a dark green color called "frosted ivy" and then the remaining walls will be a liter shade on the paint card I have. One day this house will look like a home.

Well the kids are down for a nap so it's time to sweep and mop and finish up with my downstairs cleaning. Hope all is well with your families!

No comments: