Friday, December 24, 2010

Out with the old in with the new

Well it is 1am Christmas Eve morning and I am yet again struggling to fall asleep due to some intense pain I am experiencing in my back. Sleep deprivation has it's benefits though, I have decided to write down my final thoughts about this year. To say that this year has been a roller coaster is a MAJOR understatement. I have suffered great loss and also benefited from some wonderfull gains.

At the beginning of this year my family lost my father in law. This was a devistating blow to all of us and continues to be difficult to swallow. I think we have all felt his presence in our own special way since he passed and I know he is here with all of us in spirit but to be honest it isn't good enough. I really wish I could talk to him still and see the gobs and gobs of pictures he would surely be taking of his two handsome grand sons if he was still here.

This year has been full of learning experiences for me. I lost someone I thought was my very best friend in the world and it killed me. The amazing thing was after she left the picture I realized our friendship was pretty toxic. The loss I experienced with her actually brought my best friend Kc and I together. I have never met a more selfless person in my life. Kc has really been my rock this year. Through every rough moment she has been there for me. Our friendship makes me laugh because we really are pretty lame. We practically jump for joy over the opportunity to go grocery shopping together without kids or to just sit and gab while cleaning up after our families. She helps me keep my wild side in check. Kc, I know I write these cheesy heart felt mushy blogs entirely too much for your taste but I sincerely appreciate you. You are like the sister I never had and I love you and your family. Thank you for keeping me in line and always being honest with me...YOU ROCK! Oh and on a side note...thanks again for jumping over gobs of toys on black Friday to retrieve those cameras for me :D

There have also been some BIG changes in my family. My step dad came home from Iraq in October and we were all VERY happy to see him. He seems to be un scathed this time and it is truly a pleasure to have him home again. His grand daughters are really enjoying getting to know him and Breyauna even calls him Papa!

Shaunn just got moved from the store he started his management career in and that was a very rough thing for him to swallow and he continues to work through it in whatever man way he can lol. His new store is in south Phoenix and let's just say there are some ladies that hang around the outside of the store that have questionable career choices. One good thing (optimist) that we are told could come from this transition is the possibility of another promotion for my husband! We are told it would be towards the end of 2011 so please keep Shaunn and my family in your prayers :D.

One big change that just took place for me is a JOB! I KNOW RIGHT?! Lainy with a job...can it be??? Why yes! I am an underwriter for GE Retail Finance...well I will be anyways. I start my training January 10th and I'm very excited. I will be working from home part time and I'm excited to get started. It will be so nice to be bringing in some money to help my husband out.

Breyauna and Natilee have had a fantastic year at their new preschool here in surprise. They absolutely love school and are learning so much. Brey continues to learn new words and tries very hard to communicate with us. Some new words she has are "mawnie" (which is daddy) "dwee deems" (sweet dreams) "ni ni" (night night) "Bo bo" (our cat) "Gocks" (socks) "jews" (shoes) and she is trying really hard to say juice. Brey is also working really hard to potty train fully. Natilee is a bucket of laughs. She is just a silly little girl. She adores all animals especially dogs. She tends to play by herself a lot or along side other children playing but hasn't really figured out how to play with others yet. She is a master eater and loves fruit. Both of our girls are very popular in preschool which of course makes me beam :D.

Shaunn and I are doing very well. We have come a long way this year. I think our 9 years together has tought us that you have to take your relationship a day at a time. We work through things as they come our way. We are learning to respect eachother and embrace our differances. I can't believe that in 8 months we will officially be together for a decade! When exactly did I get that old?

All in all this year has been a good one. I'm at peace right now with my life and it feels good. I hope 2011 brings me a skinnier body, my husband an awesome promotion, Breyauna the know how to become fully potty trained, and Natilee the ability to vocalize.

To all my family and friends I love you all and hope that 2011 is the best year ever for you all!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D :D :D

1 comment:

Queen Casey said...

You know I appreciate you and yours too! I'm glad we've formed what we have and look forward to yelling at our grandkids together. Awesome post Lainy.

Here's hoping Shaunn gets that promotion and your job takes you far!