Sunday, August 8, 2010

Update's on my family :D

The way I figure things, you can never update enough! So I figured I would once again tell you all where my family is at and what has been going on.

I guess I will start with me. I have been trying my best to do all that I can do as a mom and wife. We have a very strict schedule now. I am up by 7am (most mornings) and I usually do a few things around the house, check fb and my email outside while sipping my Diet Dr. Pepper, and then go in the house and begin waking the girls and prepairing us all for the day ahead. I put the girls down promptly at 8pm and prior to that we of course eat a home made meal and spend some family time together. Shaunn and I recently made the decision to become foster parents so we are finishing the application portion of that right now. I have also started cleaning and organizing things to make the house baby proof. I turned the spare room into the "baby" room. I put one of our toy shelves with the tubs in that room and put only baby safe toys in it. The other toy shelf has all big girl toys and I will eventually put that in the girls room when we do get a baby so that we don't have to worry about choking hazards. There are certain things that will have to wait until we are almost certified like buying locks for our closets to lock meds and cleaners, buying a fire ladder for upstairs, drawing up a floor plan with emergency exits clearly drawn out, and prepairing for our food storage evaluation. I am truly excited about this. I feel like God has this in his plan for us and I'm going with it.

Shaunn continues to work very hard. He is now running two stores which provides us with a little more income. He has started trying to tint his windows which has proven to be a pain in the neck for him but anything to keep him busy is a good thing! Shaunn has done so well at work lately that he managed to make full bonus this time around so much of that money will be put into savings for Christmas so that we can give back to our loved ones that do so much for us during the year.

Tomorrow is Brey and Natilee's open house at school! We get to meet their teachers and see their classrooms! I am so excited for my girls. I think this will be very beneficial for both of them. Brey is saying more and more words. We recently bought them flash cards that have pictures of objects (ball, cup, plate, shoe, etc.) and animals! They love these cards and we enjoy spending time with them while teaching them. I also purchased (finally!) a shapes puzzle and Brey spent most of the evening plugging the shapes into their homes. We also recently purchased a swing set for our girls and they absolutely ADORE it. It is very exciting providing them with all of this stuff.

Natilee is such a little monkey! She is now about 24 pounds and still short as can be! She is a pretty mellow child unless she is being touched by her older sister...then she screams as loud as possible which, by the way, is super annoying. She is suddenly acting very finicky about food. She wont eat meat and doesn't really eat much more than pasta, cereal, peanut butter and jelly, and fruit. I am forcing her to at least try the stuff on her plate but aside from making her try it and hoping for the best I'm not sure what else to do because of her mental age. Oh that brings me to a recent nuerology appointment. I gave you her height and weight already but I ddin't really touch on some of the things we spoke about. Natilee is developmentally at about a year old. She is physically 3. This is very sad for us but we are confidant that some day she will catch up with her physical age.

Our little family is doing quite well right now. I hope the rest of the year goes smoothly and without too much chaos. I hope everyone else is having a good year!

-Lainy

No comments: